Maithwaite is a station on Thomas' Branch Line. The exact location of the station is quite a mystery. It started out as a small station on Thomas' branch line. But after the fifth season, it became a station on the mainline. Sometimes, it is situated between Knapford and Tidmouth and at others it seems to be situated between Gordon's Hill and Kellsthorpe . Since the CGI switchover, it appears to be back on Thomas' Branch Line.
- In Hero of the Rails and the thirteenth season, Maithwaite was a dark brown colour. From the fourteenth season onwards, it returned to its original beige colour.
- The funfair is held in the field opposite Maithwaite station.
- Maithwaite was once the winner of the Best Dressed Station award.
- Since Hero of the Rails, a poster of Emily at Black Loch from the eighth season episode, Emily's New Route is seen on the side of the station. There is also a poster of the Fishing Village near the front door.
- In the fifth season, Maithwaite had one track running through it, but from the sixth season onwards, it has had two.
- Maithwaite is on display at Nitrogen Studios.